Rio Olympic 2016: All That Transpired From Day 1 To ‘Grande” Sports Highlights! [VIDEO]By Michael Lagura, UniversityHerald Reporter
The Rio Olympic 2016 opened with fantastic lights, unraveled more sports highlights and even stiffened down to the arrest of Moroccan boxer. See how things transpired in the Olympics from Day 1 to present in a quick recap.
People have dearly anticipated for the Rio Olympics in months now. And, as the event opened last Friday, August 5, 2016, awe-struck smiles and cheers were the bonus colors. Further adding grace to the event are the lasers, samba parades, colorful floats, a bunch of dance performances and romps of famous supermodels. Al-in-all, the opening was as flamboyant as Rio's "Mardi Gras".
Primarily, the world was not spared from a few injections of historical, cultural and environmental snippets here and there, CNN reported.
Other favorite highlights from day 1 to the present include:
1. The festive Olympic opening of Rio themes and performances
2. The inspiring "save the earth and plant a tree" movement being forwarded by 11,000+ athletes opposite the stadium floor
3. Mia Farrow's inspiring message, team USA's Gabby Douglas competing for the women's gymnastics
4. Germany's exquisite women's synchronized 3-meter springboard diving performance, Venus Williams frustrated reaction to loss, James Corden's mini "Carpool Karaoke"
5. Garozzo vs. Safin's swashbuckling face-off for fencing semifinals
6. Russia's Inna Stepanova releasing arrow in a majestic posture during the women's team archery competition
7. The breathtaking scenery of the sun setting over at the Beach Volleyball Arena, Saturday
8. China's Yiwen Sun celebrates after beating France's Lauren Rembi during the women's fencing individual
9. Team USA Men's Basketball winning over China
10. The arrest of Hassan Saada over alleged rape charges
And, who would also want to miss the glimmering celebrities who graced the event, Gisele Bundchen swaying to the beat of "the Girl from Ipanema", iconic tennis players Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal and Caroline Wozniacki, plus a lot other familiar faces, Forbes reported.
All these events matched up to the grandness of Rio Olympic's "grande" package, the Wall Street Journal reported.