Samsung Galaxy S8 Release Date: Will Feature Flexible Display Technology and Excellent Specs; Shaping-Up for 2017 Launching? [RUMORS]By Shunie Pearl Dela Cruz, UniversityHerald Reporter
Samsung has reportedly granted a flexible display technology patent. For this reason, netizens speculate that the said display technology will be seen featured in Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 EDGE handsets, which will be released in 2017. Read more details here!
Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 EDGE features and specs
The recent patent that was granted to Samsung for flexible display technology has fanned the flames of speculations surrounding the upcoming flexible phones. According to GSM Arena, the newly approved patent of the South Korean tech firm is expected to be featured in its 2017 flagship smartphones which will be introduced during the Mobile World Congress in February 2017.
For this reason, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 EDGE are the handsets that are speculated to sport a flexible Super AMOLED display. However, Know Your Mobile reported that instead of Galaxy S8, the newest rumored handset called Galaxy X will feature the said display technology instead.
Nevertheless, Samsung Galaxy S8 is expected to have the following features and specs:
- Enhanced Digital Assistant called Viv which is more functional than Apple's Siri and Google Assistant with Voice Assistants namely Bixby (male voice) and Kestra (female voice)
- 4K VR Display with more than 90 percent display area ratio that gives way to an edge-to-edge and bezel-less screen display that comes in two sizes - 5.7-inch and 6.2-inch
- Optical fingerprint sensor that will be integrated and fully-embedded to the glass display
- Uses Exynos 8895 SoC (ARM Mali-G71 GPU) processor with 3GHz for the clock speed; other reports claimed that other handsets will use Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 that clocked at 3.6Ghz
- Dual-lens camera on the back integrated with iris recognition technology for security
- 3-coil wireless charging for faster charging and better range
- Pressure-sensitive touch display similar to Apple's 3D Touch for iPhone 7
Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 EDGE release date
It is Samsung ways to unveil new phones during the annual Mobile World Congress. For this reason, the South Korean tech company is anticipated to release the two new flagship smartphones during the next MWC happening in February 2017.