Blizzard Shares New Details About Necromancer But Still No Words On Release Date On PTRBy Emily Schultz
Publishing giant Blizzard this week announced some additional details about the upcoming new "Diablo 3" Necromancer class, which will be included in the Rise of the Necromancer pack. The Necromancer class will be included in the "Reaper of Souls" pack, which is also set for release this year. Blizzard made the huge announcement this week.
For some still not familiar with Diablo's Necromancer, the Necromancer is a death-themed spellcaster that Blizzard plans to release as DLC on PC and game consoles sometime in 2017. The Necromancer is said to specialize in summoning creatures and also in using some sort of blood magic to boost their health and to battle foes. Based on the original "Diablo 2" class, Blizzard first introduced to the world the Necromancer at the 2016 Blizzcon event. It will be made available on "Diablo 3" later this year through a character pack.
According to the UK-based publication The Express, the new Rise of the Necromancer pack comes with a pair of new nephalem heroes. It also includes an in-game pet, banner, a portrait frame, cosmetic wings, banner sigil, two character slots, pennant, two stash tabs (available on PC only), and character. Additionally, Blizzard has also provided a more detailed info about the playable character's skills and skills runes.
Here is a short but a more detailed list of some of the abilities of the Necromancer:
- Grim Scythe: this summons a huge scythe in a wide arc that deals damage and restores Essence. Blood Nova is one of the five skills runes for the base Death Nova skill.
- Blood Nova can unleash a powerful nova dealing a lot of damage to enemies, but this comes at a huge cost. Devour: this is a resource-regeneration skill that allows the player to regain Essence by consuming the corpses of its slain foes.
- Golem allows the player to summon a powerful ally like the mighty Blood Golem that can fight and sacrifice itself to heal character's health. It deals sizeable amounts of damage to surrounding enemies.
- Blood Rush will allow players to pass through solid objects in order to reach a new location.
- Leech is a dastardly spell that allo0ws player to curse enemies in order to transfer some of their enemies' health energy to them and their allies. Leech is also great in keeping support to team member as well.
as mentioned earlier by Wccftech, the game developer has also revealed to the gaming world an image of a Necromancer's female character model. However, there still no official words on the release date of the Rise of the Necromancer expansion on the PTR, but the full patch will be released on all gaming platforms simultaneously.
First release in May 2012, "Diablo 3" is a hack and slash action RPG developed and published by Blizzard for PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It's the third entry in the long-running Diablo game series.