Nov 28, 2016 10:03 AM EST
CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat-Based Released for LG Nexus 4 – Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Moto G are Included? [VIDEO]
CyanogenMod 14.1 nightly builds has finally arrived to LG Nexus 4 handsets. Read more details about the release of CyanogenMod 14.1 (based in Android 7.1 Nougat) to Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy S5 and other handsets!
CyanogenMod 14.1 (Android 7.1 Nougat) for LG Nexus 4
The dedicated research team CyanogenMod has finally released the custom OS for LG Nexus 4 which is called 14.1 nightly build based on Android 7.1 Nougat. According to GSM Arena, the dedication of the team to provide more nightly builds to four-year old handsets like LG Nexus 4 is apparent so users would be able to experience the Pixel and Pixel XL without having to purchase Google's premium phone.
On the other hand, CyanogenMod 14.1 has also arrived to the well-loved Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P. Furthermore, CyanogenMod 14.1 is also available to the following handsets: LG G3, Xiaomi Mi3w, Xiaomi Mi 4, Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G variants, ZenPhone 2 and OnePlus 3; while CyanogenMod 14.1 testing is on-going to the following handsets: Sony Xperia M, Samsung Galaxy S5 AU, Nexus 5 CAF (running Qualcomm-sourced Kernel), LG G Pad 8.3, LG G3 and ASUS ZenPad 8.0 Z380KL, Android Guys reported
How to Install CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat-Based?
The following are recommended for the users to do before proceeding to the installation process:
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader (instructions on How to Unlock Bootloader can be found here)
- Download and install custom ROM
- Install Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery TWRP (v.3.0.2.-0) to back-up all existing data from the phone
- Make sure to install USB drivers to PC
- Check if battery percentage reaches 80 percent and above
If users have secured the above-mentioned steps, he can now safely proceed to the installation guide below:
- Download CM 14.1 and Google Apps to PC
- Connect phone or device to PC
- Copy Cm 14.1 to phone's storage memory
- Turn off device and disconnect from computer
- Press Power button plus volume down for the recovery mode
- Clear phone's memory through TWRP (select Wipe > Swipe to Factory Setting > Reset)
- Return to TWRP setting and select install
- Return to TWRO menu setting and select Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Custom ROM flashing begins followed by Successful remarks in the screen