Nov 27, 2019 07:59 AM EST
How To Make Natural Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin at Home
Benefits of making your own lotion
Choosing the right ingredients of lotion for your sensitive skin is very important. Tons of money is wasted in buying the best and most expensive lotion, but making your own lotion at home would be worthier. Also, when you craft your own lotion, it can be customized according to your own senses and skin's level of sensitivity. In making your own natural body lotion, you get to pick its aromatherapy oils and fragrances to make it really rich and useful. Furthermore, you are allowed to have the color of your choice or just make it natural. You can add fun ingredients such as sparkly glitter to make your lotion more creative and sophisticated.
Here is a traditional and very useful recipe for making a lotion.
Aloe Vera Homemade Lotion
This lotion is perfect and suitable for everyone. Even for a person who has very sensitive skin, you can never go wrong with aloe's magic touch. It has this light formulation making your skin smoother without being irritated because it has a non-greasy ingredient to keep you fresh and moisturized all day. No preservatives added and no hazardous chemical is used.
You will need:
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 3 tsp beeswax pastilles
- 1 cup almond oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vitamin e
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- Choice of essential oil like 10 drops of geranium or 3 drops of lime
- Using a pan or glass bowl apply the double boiler melting process. Melt the beeswax, oil of your preference, and shea butter.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a blender.
- Let it totally cool and set for a moment. The mixture should achieve the room temperature as this will make sure that the lotion emulsifies perfectly.
- Add vitamin E and essential oils of your choice.
- Using blender at low speed, mix all the ingredients and slowly add the aloe gel so that the consistency of the formulation is 100% balanced. Use a spatula to fully incorporate everything.
- Store in a glass jar and put inside the fridge. This product should be used within 45 days as it contains all natural ingredients.
If you want to buy lotions from the market, these are the best varieties that use naturally effective ingredients:
This fragrance free and vegan friendly hand and body lotion increases overall skin hydration. It has a very mild aroma and uses organicmoisturizing ingredients.
The combination of coconut cream and lemon oil is perfect for bringing back the natural moisture of skin. All natural fragrance and 100% cruelty-free, the skin will supple from its natural ingredients.
Hemp seed oil can help soothe skin inflammation and atopic dermatitis. It makes your skin look better and healthier. This lotion is perfect for intensive hydration.
Shea butter and avocado oil are the moisturizing agents. 100% vegan -friendly skin care product and best for dry and sensitive skin.
Join the Conversation