Samsung's Biggest Battle May Come Next Week, Samsung Galaxy S8 To Play A Key Role In Its Mobile Death Match [VIDEO]By Erin Scott
Samsung's biggest mobile battle may come next week. The company is set to launch its latest salvo in the hotly contested mobile market, and its only hopes in reclaiming its lost mobile crown. The much-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S8 will be the company's ultimate weapon of choice in its life and death struggle in the brutal mobile market. And it's not just the Galaxy S8 making the headliner here, the company is also working on a new Active variant of its Galaxy S8 range.
The Korean tech giant is reportedly planning a rugged version of the much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S8. Reports said that Samsung might now be working on a planned Galaxy S8 Active and will likely go with the US wireless giant AT&T. For now, there's not much information about this planned rugged version of the smartphone, but the SamMobile said that the company's codename for the reported phone variant is "Cruiser," The Verge reported.
Additionally, the SamMobile, which made a good job of following the S8 story, also believe that the Galaxy S8 Active will likely to be exclusive to AT&T when it released to the wild later this year. Unfortunately, it still unknown how the upcoming device will look like and be different from the flagship device, Samsung Galaxy S8.
Samsung is no longer stranger when it comes to building a rugged version of its mobile device. Samsung has already offered a rugged version of its flagship phones, which come with bigger batteries and tough shells. A great example of this is last year's Galaxy S7 Active, which features a shatter-resistant screen along with IP68 water resistance on board and a large 4,000mAh battery.
As for the much-awaited gadget of the year, the Samsung Galaxy S8 will finally hit the store shelves this coming April 21. The device will be Samsung's first flagship phone since the embarrassing Galaxy Note 7 debacle that damaged the company's reputation as one of the most feared tech companies in the consumer electronics sector. The Galaxy Note 7 debacle has also wiped around $17 billion of the company's market value last year.
The company's latest salvo, Samsung Galaxy S8, will be using an OLED screen, which will be either 5.8-inch or 6.2-inch curved screens. Overall, the device will sports the largest screens to date among all of the company's flagship smartphones, mainly because of the new design approach that being applied to the device.
In another Samsung Galaxy S8-related story, pre-orders for Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone have exceeded those of the previous Samsung Galaxy S7, hinting that many consumers still unfazed by the last year's Samsung Galaxy Note 7 troubles. The much-talked Samsung Galaxy S8 will hit first the South Korea, the United States and Canada market on April 21, the Financial Express reported.
The upcoming smartphone will be central to the company's recovery from the disaster it experienced last year with its Galaxy Note 7 phablet. When launched, the Samsung Galaxy S8 will be the safest Galaxy smartphone to date due to safety measures the company implemented. The primary goal was to avoid the same battery failures that brought down Galaxy Note 7.
Analysts are seeing bright lights on the new smartphone, may are expecting Samsung to record its best-ever quarterly profit between the months of April-June, buoyed by strong Samsung Galaxy S8 demands and a growing memory chip market.
Finally, the Korean company hopes that the Samsung Galaxy S8 will be the tool for the company's speedy recovery from last year's mobile debacle. Samsung believes that Galaxy S8 will bring new life and hopes to the already battered and wounded tech company. More importantly, the Galaxy S8 will give the company a great chance to regain its lost glory.