Nov 23, 2016 05:34 AM EST
Android 7.1.1 Nougat Rollout to Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE – Experience Google Pixel Phone in Samsung Premium Handset [VIDEO]
Google Pixel Nougat edition is now available for download to all Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE. Read more details on the ROM features that are exclusive to Google Pixel phones, step-by-step installation guide and more information on security patches!
Android 7.1.1 Nougat (Google Pixel Edition) to Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
The long wait is over for those who are waiting for the rollout of Android 7.1.1 Nougat (Google Pixel edition) to Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE with model number G935F. According to WCCF Tech, the custom ROM that is available for Samsung premium handset is consists of Google Pixel phones features and October security patches to address security issues and concerns through fixes.
For this reason, Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE owners now have the chance to experience the following Google Pixel phones features: Upgraded Pixel Launcher, Google Assistant, longer battery life, Pixel looks and feel, system optimization, Full Note 7 port and other technical features. Full list of Android 7.1.1 Nougat features can be found here.
Before getting started, users are advised to create a backup for all the existing data from the phone prior to the installation of recommended custom recovery. According to Android Blog, the following are the recommended steps before installing the custom ROM to Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE:
- Enable USB Debugging Mode (Settings > Developer Options)
- Install Galaxy S7 EDGE G935F USB Drivers to PC
- Root the phone with custom recovery like TWRP or CWM
- Unlocked the phone's bootloader
- Battery level should be at least 80 percent or above
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
- Download Pixel edition firmware to PC but do not extract the data yet
- Connect the USB cable to Galaxy S7 EDGE and copy the files
- Place the phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power button altogether
- Backup the current OS from Clockwork Mod recovery (Backup and restore > Backup)
- Perform factory reset ( Recovery > Wipe Data or Factory Reset)
- Install the firmware (Recovery > Install Zip from SDCard > Choose Zip from SDCard)
- Reboot the Galaxy S7 EDGE into new custom ROM