Wednesday, Jan 26 2022 | Updated at 03:19 PM EST

Stay Connected With Us F T R

Sep 13, 2016 11:24 PM EDT

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dangerous: Tech Company Urges Users To Stop Using The New Device, Note 7 Exploding?

Close

As the reports about Samsung Galaxy 7 problems continue to spread, which its battery is exploding, the tech company urged its consumers globally to turn off their Galaxy 7 and return it to them. Due to the issue, the shares of the electronic giant dropped seven percent, thus, wiping out $14.3 billion in market value.

More than 70 Samsung Galaxy 7 have been reported to overheat due to battery defects in the United States alone, The Verge reported. The giant tech giant confirmed that they received 35 reports about battery malfunctions globally as of Sept. 1, thus, forcing the company to stop the sales of its device.

Samsung announced there were no known injuries due to exploding battery. Last couple of days, there were new reports covered in separate incidents appeared online, and both were vast of blazes that resulted into massive destructions.

A man St. Petersburg, Florida, Nathan Dornacher, who return to his home from a Labor Day yard sale on Monday, Sept. 12, saw his family's Jeep Grand Cherokee in flames. Dornacher told Fox 13 that he left his four-day-old Galaxy Note 7 charging in the vehicle's center console before his jeep covered in flames.

Dornacher said he converted from iPhones when some first Notes came out.

"I don't think I'm going to let another Samsung product into my house," he told the network.

The Jeep owner claimed he was not aware of Samsung's recall, and the company and its carrier and retail partners handled the issue. The lack of an official recall may affect the giant tech company. According to Samsung spokesperson, the company is now working with the Jeep owner to investigate the case.

Another incident that link to Samsung Galaxy Note 7 battery malfunction is the house fire, which started in the garage, in Horry County, South Carolina. Wesley Hartzog believes that Note 7 was the cause of fire.

He left his device plugged into a wall outlet, and the fire investigators believe this was where the fire started, in a report by NBC.

The house owner was asked by the fire investigator if he had plugged in in the garage.

 "My cell phone, which was the new Note 7, was plugged in in the garage, Hartzog said. "I also had an air compressor plugged into the same outlet but the compressor wasn't on," he added.

FDA warned people who will travel via airplane to turned off the phone in-flight, don't charge the batteries onboard, and don't put the phone in a checked bag.

See Now: Facebook will use AI to detect users with suicidal thoughts and prevent suicide

© 2017 University Herald, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Conversation

Get Our FREE Newsletters

Stay Connected With Us F T R

Real Time Analytics