Nov 20, 2019 10:54 AM EST
Amazon Prime Student Membership Program for University Students in the US and the UK is Now Available
For the 2019 academic year and beyond, check out Amazon Prime Student!
For one, you can sign up for an incredibly long six-month free trial for Amazon Prime Student if you're not already a Prime user.
That means you're not going to be faced with a Prime membership's steep price while staring down the even steeper prices for college textbooks, particularly if you don't have the budget for it.
Plus, the six-month trial will give you almost all the perks of a fully paid Amazon Prime membership, and enough time to get your school stuff in order with those benefits.
That is, you can order all the school materials, snacks and party supplies you need to get ready for a fun and successful school year. You also get free shipping for two days, unlimited downloading of Prime movies and shows, and 20 percent off pre-order and new releases of video games.
But the biggest draw isn't even that. After six months, members of Amazon Prime Student are eligible to receive a full Amazon Prime membership of 50% off the price.
Amazon Prime Student is a limited membership in Amazon Prime for participating college students in the United States and United Kingdom only.
The best part is that you will get these Prime benefits at a discount. Members of Amazon Prime Student earn 50% off a regular Prime membership price, generally $99 a year but now taking the annual membership rate to $59 only. For 4 years or until you graduate, whichever comes first, this half-off price is valid.
Memberships will be updated automatically at the full Amazon Prime rate of $119 a year at that time. Amazon will send an email a few weeks before it comes into effect, so if you don't want to proceed, you know when you will be billed and have a chance to cancel. Members of Amazon Prime Student cancel their membership at any time.
You will need to fulfill a few requirements to join Amazon Prime Student in the U.S.:
1. You must have an Amazon account. You can build one here if you don't.
2. You need to be currently enrolled at a college or university in at least one class.
3. Your school must be in one of the 50 states, or in the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
4. You need a valid .edu email address from your university enrollment. This doesn't have to be the email connected to your Amazon account, but it will be used to verify that you're a student, so you'll need access to this account.
5. You must be able to provide proof that you are a university student if Amazon requests it.
To join the Amazon Prime Student program, click here.
Join the Conversation