'Fallout 4' PlayStation 4 Mod Support Release Date; 1.8 Update and 'Bugs Fix' DetailedBy Raymond Crisostomo, UniversityHerald Reporter
It was November last year when "Fallout 4" was released with a promise to its fans for mods console on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. However, it took around six months for the title to arrive in Xbox One while leaving the other fans waiting for the mods on PlayStation 4.
Now it looks like the wait is finally over because sometime this month "Fallout 4" Mods might be released in PS4.
This was after Bethesda announced on Nov. 7 that the game will finally have mod support on the PlayStation 4 and might run the native 4K hosted by the PS4 Pro.
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) November 7, 2016
"Our next title update for #Fallout4 will add PS4 Mod Support. We expect it to release this month. Stay tuned for updates" a tweet shared via Fallout Twitter account said.
Just last month, Bethesda announced that they had finally came into terms and agreed with Sony to allow mods for "Skyrim Special Edition" and "Fallout 4." It had been over a year since the latter arrived on PS4 version due to Sony's mode restrictions, Tech Times noted.
The game is currently under the certification process to make it available on consoles. There is no specific date as to when the "Skyrim Special Edition" would also be available on PS4.
Yet, some fans might get a bit disappointed as it was announced that the games' PS4 mods version will only be available to players who use internal asset only.
That means players will not be able to use external assets with the PS4 mods, which would likely result for the game to have fewer mods available on the PS4 than on the PC version and Xbox One version.
As declared by Bethesda, the mods will come to Sony's console as part of the 1.8 update. The update is to address some "bugs fix" and other problems that went live on the PC version of the game that was also announced on Monday.
Listed below are some details about the "Fallout 4" 1.8 Patch Notes, as per Bethesda's website:
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate "WIP" Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out