Oct 12, 2016 10:54 AM EDT
‘Pokemon Go’ Update: Capture Bonuses, Revamped Training & More [VIDEO]; How To Fill Up Pokedex?
Niantic Labs' mobile sensation game "Pokemon Go" is on the verge of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS.
Last week, Niantic teased a couple of major additions slated to arrive on "Pokemon Go." The first was a catch bonus that would be awarded to players every time they earn medal for capturing enough Pokemon of a specific type, while the second was an improvement to the gym training experience.
On Monday, Oct. 10, Niantic revealed on the game's official site that the mobile app is in the process of being updated. The official "Pokemon Go" Twitter handle @PokemonGoApp also confirmed it the succeeding day.
Here's the full release note for the imminent update:
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokemon type as they capture more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers are now permitted to bring six Pokemon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP (Combat Power) of the monsters they are battling may be adjusted lower for his/her training session. It's worth noting that the adjustment is just temporary.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will regularly update the distance walked without the Trainer having to close and reopen the screen.
- Mended several audio issues.
- Cut down the evolution animation time.
- Other minor fixes.
The catch bonus and the gym training updates were reported earlier by several publications; however, the egg, incubation screens and the decreased evolution animation time are pleasing surprises. This update strikes a perfect balance between new features and quality of life enhancements for the fan-favorite app.
In related news, Niantic seems to have rolled out an interesting update to the Pokedex without any announcement, BGR reported.
As of this past week, any Pokemon player sees at a gym will be added to his/her Pokedex as a silhouette. Earlier, players had to actually encounter a Pokemon in the wild in order for it to appear in the Pokedex. Several players have now observed that they just need to pass by a gym with the Pokemon occupying it.
Join the Conversation