How To Start Your Own Business In CollegeBy Emily Marks, UniversityHerald Reporter
Some college students take up part-time jobs in order to help with expenses. While this would make sense, especially with the rising cost of higher education nowadays, sometimes it is difficult to juggle both work and studies at the same time.
It may be better to put up your own business. Bytestart.co.uk shared 10 tips on how students can launch a successful business and study at the same time.
- Use your spare time wisely. There will be struggle between using extra time to rest or to do something productive. Channel your energy towards your business instead.
- Pay attention to people. Look at what your classmates or students in the campus are doing and buying.
- Work with others who have the same mindset as you. Find ambitious people who are also looking for business opportunities.
- Market your business. There are various people at university and, if you are able to tell them about your product or service, they may tell their family or friends about it.
- Ask the school for help. You can get information, guidance and maybe even equipment by going to the right people on campus.
- Work with the university. You may be able to provide a product or service to your school. Don't pass up that opportunity.
- Failure is part of success. Don't be afraid to fail and take risks. College is probably the best time to work on your business since you don't have kids, a permanent job and mortgage yet.
- Don't be distracted. Remember why you are in college in the first place. Don't forget to be responsible with your studies and deadlines.
- Create a website. This will allow you to reach a bigger market. In today's modern world, it's impossible for a business to survive without an online presence. Also, take advantage of social media.
- Just enjoy. Running a business should be a way for you to learn new things about yourself and about other people. Don't allow it to become a chore.