'Gwent: The Witcher Card Game' Gets Latest v0.8.33 Update, Latest Update To Bring New Features And Fixes BugsBy Erwin Castro, UniversityHerald Reporter
CD Project RED has just announced that its standalone free-to-play collectible card game GWENT will be receiving a major update this week. The latest update will introduce some of the biggest features, which include a number of balance changes, ranked matches, revamped player progression, and a few number of new cards, including animated premium cards.
According to Gamers Hell, the developer has released v0.8.33 Update. The latest update will also include a number of things based off of community feedback that the developer has collected during the game's closed beta stage.
Developed and published by CD project RED, "Gwent: The Witcher Card Game" is an upcoming free-to-play collectible card game developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. First introduced in June 2016, at Microsoft's E3 Xbox event, "Gwent: The Witcher Card "will allow the players to clash with their friends in fast-paced duel environments that combine bluffing, on-the-fly decision making and careful deck construction.
Gwent is said to play in a best-of-three series of rounds, where players can use their hand by slinging spells and diverse units with special abilities. Players can also use clever game techniques to deceive their opponents.
In addition to the newly added features, the latest update also brings significant changes and fixes numerous game issues.
- Keyboard and mouse controls issues
- An issue where cards in the graveyard could remain in the foreground
- A game crash when placing the first card on the board in the tutorial
- An issue about numerous redundant spaces in several tooltips
- An issue about numerous minor tooltip and text
Significant game changes:
- Daily rewards have been refreshed
- Daily rewards interface has been redesigned
- The game's level system has been improved
- Improvement on rewards and features have been added
- Ranked play has been added to the game
- Rank up rewards have been added
- A leaderboard has been added to the game
According to Eurogame.net, the free-to-play"Gwent: The Witcher Card Game" is currently in closed beta on PC and Xbox One. There's still no official announcement from the developer.