Time Management: Practical Advice you Need to SucceedBy Audri Taylors, UniversityHerald Reporter
Time management has a lot to do with determining your success because you need to be able to manage schedule effectively so you can get the most important things done. If other people can actually be successful at what they do, you might need to look into your own habits and see if anyone of them is your keeping you from becoming successful.
Here are some bad habits that indicate you are mismanaging your time.
- You do not plan ahead. It's important to be able to plan and schedule, because you cannot always convince yourself that you have everything under control. If you are able to schedule, you can sort out the things that are more important, the ones that need to be addressed with urgency.
- You don't write things down. It is important for you to jot down your plans and schedules because this will ensure that you will not be forgetting anything.
- Procrastination. It's impossible to avoid procrastination from time to time but if it becomes a habit, then that's a different story. You cannot keep on putting off tasks because you will get nothing done.
- There's no time for having fun. Despite being busy, it is still important for you to have fun. A successful person does not mean he has to be a boring person. It's a lot easier to achieve success if you are not burn out and stressed out.
- Weekends are not planned out. Scheduling your activities for the weekend is also as important because this is the only time when you can squeeze in some relaxation time for yourself. Fill your weekends with simple yet fun activities that can refuel you with energy for a new week.
- There are no goals set. Goal setting is very crucial so you can be guided on the things that you need to prioritize. It will help you stay on track as you are aware that you need to be working on somethin