Nov 20, 2019 09:02 AM EST
Cook Easy: Quick and Healthy Microwave Recipes for College Students
College begins when you don't have enough time to prepare for your breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. Most of the students eat foods available in the cafeteria of fast food.
In order to be productive one must eat healthy and full meals, especially when you have a long day ahead.
Here are the easy microwave-recipes perfect for college students that will satisfy your hunger:
- Greek Brown and Wild Rice Bowls
This recipe is a perfect food for college student.
Total time of preparation 15 minutes.
Makes 2 Servings.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve whole grain brown and wild rice medley
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- Minced fresh cilantro or parsley, optional
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, put the rice mix and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette together. Cover and cook on high until heated through for about 2 minutes. Make two servings. Top with tomatoes, avocados, cheese, olives, and the excess dressing. For additional pinch of flavor , you can add minced parsley or cilantro.
- If you need more protein for the day, add tuna or grilled chicken to these bowls.
1 serving: 435 calories, , 8mg cholesterol, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein, 25g fat (4g saturated fat) , 1355mg sodium.
- Pumpkin Cream of Wheat
Total time of preparation 10 minutes.
Makes 1 Serving.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons Cream of Wheat
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional milk
- Using small microwave-safe bowl, put the milk, cream and Cream of Wheat together then mix. Microwave, without lid , on high for about 1 minute. Stir thoroughly until fully blended. Recook with cover for 1-2 minutes or until the consistency is thick. Stir every after 30 second to ensure there are no uncooked parts. Add sugar, cinnamon, and additional milk. Best recipe for sweet cravings.
1 cup: 317 calories, 39mg cholesterol, 46g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg sodium), 10g protein.
- Chocolate Chip Bar
Total time of preparation 15 minutes plus cooling.
Makes 12 to 18 pieces.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- Using a bowl, mix cream butter and brown sugar. Combine egg, milk and vanilla, then ass to the butter and sugar; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; then add it to the cream mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts or almonds. Spread into a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Microwave, without lid, on high for about 3.5minutes or until bars fully cooked. Cool before cutting.
1 each: 184 calories, 26mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 3g protein, 10g fat (5g saturated fat) , 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber).
What are you waiting for? Try these recipes and make your tummy happy!
Join the Conversation