How to Prepare Your Bedroom for a Goodnight Sleep this WinterBy Staff Reporter
Have you noticed your changing sleep patterns during this season? Just like the summer heat, the winter cold can also make it more difficult to have a restful sleep.
Winter season is a lot more fun because of the approaching holiday. But when we talk about your sleeping environment, can you tell how comfortable and happy you are with your bedroom? Don't compromise the quality of your sleep.
Here are ways to prepare your bedroom for winter:
- Winterize your bed
Night wakes are normal during changing seasons but adding cozier bedding can reduce it. Consider having a warm bed by adding flannel sheets, heated blanket or afghan blanket. These items will not only update your décor for the winter season but will also give you extra warmth and comfort for the whole body.
- Keep the winter chill out of the bedroom
Stop those winter breezes from the outside! The best temperature of a bedroom is from 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use thicker curtains, caulk windows, insulation kit or plastic to seal the windows. If these things still don't help, then you need to consider buying a safe space heater that can easily regulate your room temperature.
- Winter self-care for better sleep
Many people can't stand the cold weather. You can always feel the gloom from winter blues. So the best thing that you can do is adjust your sleeping routine.
- You can add a wake-up light to lighten up the dark mornings. This will absolutely help your body to wake up naturally.
- Avoid dry skin caused by cold air by applying night cream or moisturizer before sleep. This will help your skin to gain nutrients and have a good night's sleep.
- You can incorporate a diffuser to have fresher air. This will not only purify the air but will also make you comfortable to breathe during the cold night's sleep.
- Add winter flowers or other plants that release oxygen during the night. In that way, you can have cleaner air in a natural way.
- Update your space for the season
If you want to feel positive during the winter, the best way is to upgrade the place where you start and end each day, none other than your bedroom. Well, having a good space can be achieved by your creativity.
You can add art pieces that can lift up your mood and hang it on the wall. Adding a simple lamp to make your room glow up during this dark season can boost your productivity. If you find your mattress and pillows too boring, then it is the right time to replace them with brighter and happier colors. Other embellishments like Christmas decors can also be added to make the vibe livelier and merrier.
Every season your topmost priority should be your health and that includes having a good rest. Observe the animals like polar bears and squirrels, you can see that this is the perfect time to pamper yourself and have a good break all throughout the season.