Job Hunting? Now is the Best Time to Get Hired!By Audri Taylors, UniversityHerald Reporter
The holidays are just around the corner. And it's not only the most wonderful time of the year, it is also the perfect time for a successful job hunt! While most people think that December does not seem to be the best time to look for a job, it actually is the most ideal time. Here are the reasons why.
- Most companies end their fiscal year on December and during this time, they have the allocated budget to hire new people and get the approved number of employees hired. If you start your job search as early as now, your chances are higher at landing a new job before year ends!
- Waiting until after the new year instead of starting your job search now would mean that you might have to stay longer with your current job, well if that's not really making you happy anymore, then you will have to stick to it longer.
- As soon as the holiday starts, scheduling interviews with hiring managers may become a bit more difficult as it will soon begin to be a bit busy. If you start getting Pain Letters sent to recruiters before the Thanksgiving, you have a good chance of getting screened earlier and even greater chances of getting hired.
- If you delay your job hunting until the next year, the competition will get tougher because you will be joining the thousands of job seekers who will also be flooding the market come January.
- Starting your job search as early as now can give you a great start for the new year! Having a new and improved professional career, in a new environment, with a new boss and peers, may be what you need to have a better and a more exciting 2017!