Oct 28, 2016 08:29 AM EDT
Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Google Nexus 7 and How to Install [VIDEO]
Android 7.0 Nougat update has been rolled out to many handsets but for Google Nexus 7 (2013), users can download unofficially and install via custom ROM with these easy steps.
This is an unofficial update brought by AICP developer for Google Nexus 7 tablet. The update will bring pure Android experience in Android Nougat, TnhOnline reported.
The custom ROM will refresh the OS in your Nexus 7 device without having to wait for the official update. The Nougat features include the split screen mode and battery-efficient performance.
Android 7.0 Nougat update for Google Nexus 7 with custom ROM:
- Download AICP via PC
- Connect device to PC via USB port
- Move the custom ROM file to your Google Nexus 7
- Disconnect the tablet and restart
- Press altogether the power and volume buttons to perform Bootloader Mode
- Head to Recover menu and perform factory reset or wipe data
- Wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache
- Install AICP and confirm it
- After the custom ROM installation is completed, use the same steps to install GApps
- Reboot the device once again
Before installing the custom ROM:
- Empty the device's memory to give space for the custom ROM
- Back up the data
- Your Google Nexus 7 device must be rooted
- USB driver must be installed in desktop
- Battery must reach at least 70 percent to power up the installation. It will cause issues if the tablet dies during installation.
- For Android Nougat custom ROM, download here.
*Users who perform the update should be aware that installing custom ROM will remove the warranty of the Nexus 7 device. For those who want to perform the installation must also be warned that improper installation could lead to permanent damage.
Check out Samsung, Sony, Motorola and other handsets already recieving Android Nougat update here.
Here's a review of Google Nexus 7 tablet running Android 7.0 Nougat
See Now: Facebook will use AI to detect users with suicidal thoughts and prevent suicide© 2017 University Herald, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.