Jul 01, 2016 12:52 PM EDT
‘Overwatch Xbox One’ 2 Massive Updates You Need To Know: Gameplay Changes & New Mode; Competitive Play Confirmed For PS4 Soon?
Blizzard updates "Overwatch Xbox One" version with the highly anticipated Competitive mode. The developer previously said the mode is not coming out anytime next week on console. Whereas, that announcement could be intended for competitive mode's PlayStation 4 release.
To avail "Overwatch Competitive Play" mode, gamers must first reach level 25. When completed and achieved, it will appear under the "Play" button in the main menu. Overwatch PC version has received its competitive play mode upgrade last week. Overwatch official blog posted more about Competitive Play mode.
"Overwatch Xbox One" Gameplay Changes
"Overwatch Xbox One" also makes several gameplay changes. First on the list is dead-zone controls are now improved which will perfectly give players amplified accuracy during off-center and diagonal stick drive. Another new feature is an option to fine-tune aim assist strength.
The Overwatch update also eliminates the "Avoid This Player" option, while McCree is now accessible as an AI hero in Play vs. AI, Practice and custom modes. There are also added balance changes for McCree and Widowmaker. Blizzard said McCree was performing "too well" and, the patch cuts his bullet damage from 70 down to 45. Moreover, the time before McCree's recovery time has also been decreased from 0.75 seconds down to 0.3 seconds, GameNSpot wrote.
Meanwhile, Widowmaker's base damage for her Widow's Kiss scope shot has been decreased from 15 down to 12 while the scope shot damage multiplayer trains the same. Also, players should now wait for the unscoping animation to fully end before scoping all over again, GNS added. Her Infra-Sight cost has been amplified by 10 percent and during this activation, her voice will be heard throughout the map.
There are also a number of bug fixes included with the update. These are listed below.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from being able to leave as a group
- Fixed a bug that would cause players' weapons to auto-snap straight up or down when the crosshair was aimed between 85 and 90 degrees
- Fixed a bug that caused players who backfilled and then completed a game to sometimes receive a loss on their Career Profile and not receive their XP bonus for backfilling
- Fixed a bug that would move players toward the source of a knockback rather than away from it
- Fixed a bug that caused Hearthstone-themed sprays to ignore localization
- Fixed several framerate issues that could occur when cycling through the hero selection menu
- Fixed a variety of issues with and made several improvements to ambient lighting
- Made some improvements to how AI heroes respond to one another
- Made a variety of performance and optimization improvements across the game
- Players can no longer be resurrected in out-of-play areas on Ilios
- Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight
- Fixed a bug with the "Junkrat RIP-Tire Kills-Average" lifetime statistic
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause projectiles to hit Reinhardt instead of his Barrier Field
- Fixed a bug that allowed Torbjörn to pick up Scrap while dead
Join the Conversation