Nov 03, 2016 09:55 AM EDT
Education Goes Stop Motion Animation: Smoovie As Creative Tool
Being creative in the classroom now-a-days require resources. Although resources come in different forms such as the regular paint and paper, technology is continuously making its way to everyone's lives.
Which is why Open Planet Software has released an app for the iPad called Smoovie. Smoovie v1.6 is described as a new education version of one of their popular stop motion animation apps.
Smoovie can be used by professionals, too. But its innovative feature brings users and students towards a much more creative depth. Smoovie has multiple features that makes it the perfect creative tool when it comes to stop motion animation.
1. Smoovie has the Instant Playback Option - Unlike heavier tools, there is no rendering with Smoovie. Which means users do not need to wait for a long time to replay their projects everytime changes are being made.
2. The app itself has an "in-app teacher" that provides PDF resources. This enables teachers to provide lesson plans for a creative class. Users can download and print from the app. The classroom can study making a storyboard, character profiling, techniques and more.
3. Students in classrooms have now a way to record audio straight to their animation. They can opt to use music from their iTunes library or even voice over for their animation.
4. Onion Skinning - This is considered to be the most important feature in the Smoovie app. Users can make perfect tiny adjustments between each animated frame and creates a smooth finish.
5. Sharing Capabilities - Like most apps, users can export their projects to the Camera Roll in their iPads and share it anywhere.
It is compatible with the iPad with iOS 9.0 or later. If you want this app, you need to purchase Smoovie in the App Store for $6.99.
With the use of stop motion animation, classrooms and even animators around the world can get their creative juices flowing on a deeper learning level, cites PRMAC.
Join the Conversation