Sunday, Dec 17 2017 | Updated at 06:29 PM EST

Stay Connected With Us F T R

Jun 22, 2016 11:27 AM EDT

Does Weight Loss Diet Really Work? Here's What You Need To Know!

Close
Hollywood vs Trump: Celebs use award show speeches to slam US president

There are many of us who know what to eat, how to eat and even when to eat, but just don't do it, clearly indicating a negative relationship with food.

If studies conducted over the past couple of decades are anything to go by, mindful eating can encourage people to curb binge eating, lose excess weight, and even put a lid on anxious food and body thoughts, RodaleWellness reported.

Our eating habits affects our mind, spirit and body, but it does not work alone, in fact nothing does; even an atom influences every other.

Here's something to chew on: Our mind, body and spirit are all connected. How we perceive our food, as much as the food we eat, has a considerable impact not only on our body, but also on our mind and spirit.

People ideally complain that on a bad day, they eat bad food such as (carbs) - bread, pasta and sweets, but on a good day, they indulge into good food such as proteins, vegetables and fruits. It's worth noting here that food has not become a value judgment thus, what an individual eats does not determine whether he/she will have a good day or a bad day. Needless to mention, this notion has to be thrown away as it undermines all attempts to reboot your body clock (your mind, body and spirit).

We need to identify food impartially and to do so, we need to first stop judging food as good or bad.

The self-care and self-compassion movement: Under this method, we try to achieve our goals with a behavioral and psychological approach. The key is to stop stressing and start smiling. Every time a negative thought finds a way into your mind, you can sweep it away by being proactive and positive.

When Nothing Seems To Work

It is extremely depressing to visit your doctor's office and be informed that you're obese based on the body mass index (BMI) chart.

Its important to know that health is not synonymous to weight. Your weight is one among several other measurements such as C-reactive protein, glucose, and triglycerides - behaviors such as sleep cycles, exercise et cetera can facilitate assessment of an individual's true health condition along with diabetes, risk of cardiovascular disease as well as eating disorders.

Remember: Losing too much weight can be equally fatal as gaining too much weight. Its important to feel confident and be happy with yourself just the way you are.

Lost Weight But Gained It Back And More?

 The Body Clock Diet, unlike a slew of other diets such as the BluePrint juice cleanse, the Scarsdale Diet, the Cabbage Soup Diet, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem or Atkins, is not a fad diet - but an anti-diet, WomensHealthMag reported.

A fad diet, has a starting and end point - immediately after which, you gain all the weight back, in fact more - This is because every time you opt for a calorie-restrictive diet, you actually end up with a higher set weight than if you had never confined in the beginning.

By keeping an eye on the nutrients such as fat, protein and carbohydrates in your meals, you can opt for foods and portion sizes that best fit your metabolic needs, while you continue eating cookies and milk.

It is recommended to consume nutrient-dense foods 75 percent of the time, and less nutrient-dense foods the remaining 25 percent of the time.

© 2017 University Herald, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Conversation

Get Our FREE Newsletters

Stay Connected With Us F T R

Real Time Analytics