Dec 01, 2016 07:00 AM EST
'Back to the Future Reboot' Not Happening, Says Producer Marshall
Executive Producer Frank Marshall has shot down rumors of a "Back to the Future" reboot happening anytime soon. He says he won't let anyone come near the classic he created back in 1989.
According to Cinema Blend, Marshall pointed out that Back to the Future is like ET: Extra-Terrestrial. Both of those movies should never be touched even if filmmakers want to show them to a younger audience. It is certainly possible for movies to do a similar premise of those two movies but not the exact same thing.
According to Deadline, this is not the first time a reboot for Back to the Future was shot down. Last year, the triology's director Robert Zemeckis told them that the film can't happen until him and Bob Gale is dead. He added that when they die, he is sure they will do it unless there is a way their estates can stop them.
The person responsible for writing all three Back to the Future movies, Bob Gale, added there was no way he could see a fourth movie doing good. He says he saw a lot of sequels made many years after the last movie and none of them were any good. Gale adds the trilogy is already good as it is and there is no need for him to write another sequel or even a reboot of the original.
Back to the Future told the story of Marty McFly, a teenager who accidentally gets sent 30 years into the past in a time machine invented by his scientist friend Doc Brown. The film stars Christopher Lloyd, Michael J. Fox, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, Thomas F. Wilson, Claudia Wells and James Tolkan. The theme song "Back in Time" was performed by Huey Lewis & The News also became a hit.
Join the Conversation