Nov 09, 2016 08:36 AM EST
Life Lessons You Learn While Growing Up, Including Investing in a Waterproof Mascara?
Life is always teaching us lessons and sometimes we learn these lessons the hard way. And while growing up, there's a few couple of things that stick to us. Learn from the life lessons that Christel Langue, a writer and student, would give herself if she could go back in time.
- Invest in a mascara and it should be a waterproof mascara. Why? So that even if you shed tears or even when you sweat, you can still give your big brown eyes of yours a favor by not looking like it.
- It's okay to cry. It doesn't matter where or when, whether you cry in public or cry in private, if you have to breathe and let it out, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you grew up believing that crying is a sign of weakness and defeat, well then you're wrong. Crying is even a sign of strength.
- You can't be friends with everyone and you're not meant to make friends with everyone. Acquaintances are everywhere especially when you're in college but it's a whole different story when you talk about true friends. These are the ones who will always remain in your life.
- Manage both your time and your money. When you splurge, make sure that you give that to yourself as a treat for a reason, not just for the waste of money. You also have to be able to manage your time by learning how to prioritize and do not take your health for granted. Sleep when you can.
- Learn how to say no. You can't say to everybody every single time and you do not need to explain yourself.
- Focus on your studies instead of your feelings.
- Get involved and be active in campus. This is how you will be able to meet new people, establish new friendships and learn and enjoy new things.
Join the Conversation