Aug 04, 2014 05:46 PM EDT
Princeton Review: Top 10 Colleges With the Best Classroom Experience
Classroom experience is of paramount importance in a college setting. The interpersonal relationship between teacher and students contributes to the learning process of students.
Like Us on Facebook
The Princeton Review recently ranked the colleges with the best classroom experience using reviews from about 130,000 students at 379 top colleges. The college at which students reported the highest satisfaction in classroom environment was Bard College in New York.
The private, liberal arts institution also ranked high in the "Most Liberal Students" list and "Most Accessible Professors."
"Every college in our book offers outstanding academics," said Robert Franek, the guide's author and Princeton Review Senior VP / Publisher. "These colleges differ significantly in their program offerings, campus culture, locales, and cost. Our purpose is not to crown one college 'best' overall or to rank these distinctive schools 1 to 379 on any single topic. We present our 62 ranking lists to give applicants the broader base of campus feedback to choose the college that's best for them."
Top 10 Schools With The Best Classroom Experience
1. Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y.)
2. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering (Needham, Mass.)
3. Reed College (Portland, Ore.)
4. Bennington College (Bennington, Vt.)
5. Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, Pa.)
6. Whitman College (Walla Walla, Wash.)
7. Thomas Aquinas College (Santa Paula, Calif.)
8. Grinnell College (Grinnell, Iowa)
9. Wabash College (Crawfordsville, Ind.)
10. Mount Holyoke College (South Hadley, Mass.)
View the complete list here.
The ranking methodology (www.princetonreview.com/how-we-do-it.aspx) uses a five-point Likert scale to convert qualitative student assessments into quantitative data for school-to-school comparisons.
Get Our FREE Newsletters
The Princeton Review will soon release its annual college rankings in 62 categories on its website and "Best 379 Colleges" Guidebook.